The Good News is that through Jesus Christ, any human (irrespective of how dirty they have been living), can become a bonafide child of the Almighty God, and can maintain a pleasurable relationship with YAHWEH, which empowers them to have dominion over creation.
You know, when an old parent is about to die on their sick bed, all their children would gather around (coming from far and near) to hear the last words of their parent. The last words of a person are usually very significant. And in the Bible, we saw the very last words of JESUS to His disciples before His departure:
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen" Matthew 28:19,20
It is then obvious that the most important thing to Jesus is getting people into His Kingdom, and this must be our own greatest priority too as His children.
This article is about exploring several channels, ways and methods believers today can utilize to evangelise our Christ and bring the dark world into the Light of God. Of course, this is a very broad discourse. But due to space, I will have to be brief. Nevertheless, you can watch out for more resources about Evangelism on my blog - sundayakanni.com
Now let's get started:
1. Your Character:
Several other religions thrive on force and violence - but Jesus conquered the world with Love. He was greatly admired and known as a Man of perfect character. As believers, you can easily win and convince those around you (your neighbors, co-workers, co-students, etc) into the fold of Christ with your beautiful character. Your lovely character can influence them to honour your invitation to Church, to listen to your message, etc.
An easy way to be of person of fine character is simply possessing and exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit, as highlighted in Galatians chapter 5 verses 22 and 23 - "love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control"
2. One-on-one Evangelism: Preaching the Gospel one-on-one to those around you
3. Group Evangelism: Sharing the gospel as a team
4. Power Crusades: I'm talking about the Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke and his CFaN team kind of thing. Organizing massive crusades (usually open air), where the powerful move of the Holy Ghost set people free from afflictions, and the millions of people gratefully turn their hearts to Jesus
5. Social Media Evangelism
6. Television and Radio Evangelism
7. Drama Evangelism: Such as what Evangelist Mike Bamiloye and his Mount Zion family have been doing
8. Gospel Musical Concerts
9. Evangelising With Your Talents, Gifts and Skills
10. Supporting Evangelistic And Missionary Works With Your Resources
11. Humanitarian And Philanthropic Activities Done With The Aim Of Exalting Christ And Making Him Known To Men
In conclusion, effective Evangelism can be experienced when we give the Holy Spirit the chance to prove Himself. It doesn't matter if you are shy, or not eloquent, or you don't have a deep knowledge of scriptures - it is the Holy Spirit that convicts the heart of men. Simply release yourself to be used as a vessel, and you will be amazed at what He will do through you for His Kingdom. GOD bless you